- This event has passed.
Nature Park Volunteer Day
Oct 16 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
We are holding our next volunteer day on October 16, 2021. We will tidy up the park, clean up litter, remove non-native grasses and weeds. Hope to see you there!
- Wear face coverings and maintain safe distancing (Vaccinated participants do not have to wear face coverings, though we will still try to maintain social distancing)
- Wear sunscreen, hat, sunglasses
- Bring water
- Bring gardening gloves and tools (weeders, trowels, whatever you use in your own garden), there are extra tools and gloves for those who need them
- Wear comfortable work clothes, including work shoes (sneakers or boots) and long pants
- Bring binoculars for birdwatching (optional)
Children must be under adult supervision at all times. There is poison oak in the park that we will point out before starting.
The South Pas Nature Park is a four-acre habitat park along the Arroyo Seco. The entrance, marked by a small plaque on an attractive river rock wall, is in the 100 block of Pasadena Avenue in South Pasadena, east of the York Street Bridge. There is plenty of on-street parking on Pasadena Avenue.
The park is graced with mature coast live oaks, southern walnuts and western sycamores. Planted with sage, buckwheat and other native coastal sage scrub plants, the park provides an inviting environment for birds, lizards, squirrels and numerous other critters. Locals too enjoy walking, jogging and horseback riding through the park.