1. We will have over 1,800 plants, including more than 100 different kinds – all native to California and appropriate for gardens in the LA Basin. Most are 1-gallon, though there will also be some 4-inch, 3-gallon and 5-gallon plants.
2. Volunteers will be on hand to help you pick out the best plants for your garden — or just to share gardening stories.
3. Our prices are excellent: All 1-gallon pots are priced at $8.50, whether they are native irises, manzanitas, or delicious-smelling sages.
4. We are selling packets of wildflower seed mix for $3/packet, $2.50 if you buy 2 or more. The mix provides for continuous blooming for several months in spring and summer.
5. We throw in a free packet of seeds when you buy 5 or more 1-gallon plants or 2 or more 5-gallons.
6. All members (including those who sign up at the sale) get a 10% discount on all purchases.
7. We have a small number of member-propagated plants for sale including some Calif. blackberry, sticky cinquefoil, and California poppy. There are even a few oaks grown from acorns collected from ancient oak trees from the Arcadia oak woodland before the LA County Dept. of Public Works pulled these beauties out back in 2011 to have a place to dump sediment.
8. There will be free catalogs with plant care info. on the sale plants.
9. You can purchase the beautiful and informative CD, Plants of the San Gabriel Mountain: Foothills and Canyons, and the invaluable book, Care and Maintenance of Southern California Native Plant Gardens.
10. This is our only fund-raiser. All profits go to a great cause: protecting California’s amazing native flora.
When: November 9, 2013, Saturday, 9 am – 2 pm
Where: Eaton Canyon Nature Center, 1750 N. Altadena Drive, Pasadena, CA 91107
See you at the sale.
|Cliff giving volunteers a pep talk before sale opens in 2012.|
|Shoppers at sale in 2012|
|Sale in 2005.|
|Plants and info at 2005 Native Plant Sale.|